Dear Educator(s) and Friend(s):
On behalf of the executive committee and members of the Alamo Area Alliance of Black School Educators (AAABSE), an affiliate of the Texas Alliance of Black School Educators (TABSE), and member of NABSE (National Alliance of Black School Educators), we cordially greet you with a big “Hello”” and welcome to our website.
AAABSE was founded in San Antonio, TX on June 24, 1989 two years following the founding of the Austin Alliance of Black School Educators (AABSE). For your better appreciation about AAABSE, our objectives and a few of our activities are reflected below.
- Promote and enhance the educational advancement of all students.
- Promote membership of area Educators in AAABSE.
- Create a forum for the exchange of ideas and strategies to improve education opportunities for all students.
- Establish a collaboration between school districts in Bexar County.
- Promote and provide continuing education and professional/administrative development for local Educators based on TABSE criteria and requirements.
To enhance student learning and recognize the accomplishments of area districts’ teachers, AAABSE sponsors the following annual main events:
- District Wide Middle School Bullying Symposium (October)
- Teacher of the Year Awards Event (Spring and fundraiser for graduating high school student scholarships)
You are invited to our monthly meetings held on the last Tuesday of each month, starting at 6:00 pm, St. Philip’s College and welcome you in Becoming a Member of AAABSE/TABSE.
Contact Dr. Patsy Newborn at (210) 313-5463 or Claudette Anderson, (210) 262-3424 for more details.
Thank you for your favorable consideration to join AAABSE in advance and have a great year.
Regards and Continued Blessings,
Nolan H. Anderson, Jr.